It’s soon going to be that time of year again, where Manchester Central turns into a moshpit of fandoms, tourists and bewildered parents, and I will be there!
19 – 20th July!
I will have copies of Dangerine 1 and 2 and The Waste Anthology! And some other cool, secret stuff as well…
Come on down, say hi!
First things first, it’s been brought to my attention that a few peeps check this site for news on new Dangerine releases rather than my Tumblr or Twitter, so I really need to keep on top of that. After all, this is supposed to be the Dangerine hub, so I should treat it thus.
So yeah, apologies to anyone who thought I’d just gone dark on Dangerine just because I was being slack with the web duties.
But, there’s good news! Dangerine issue 2 is out, nice and shiny, bigger, sleeker, and with plenty of cosmic origin-stories and high-stakes face-punchery! Check it out at the store.
Also, if you’re a digital comics person, you can grab yourself digital editions of issues 1 and 2 at the store as well. Save some cash, and some shelf-space too!
That’s all for now, I’ll be back before long with some fresh updates.
The first free segment of Dangerine is up over in the Online Segments page! WordPress resized the image (I suspect the page dimensions are too narrow to accomodate the image dimensions), so you can just click through to make reading the dialogue less taxing on your old sightballs.
Issue 2 is well underway, coming up on the halfway mark and seriously, it’s going to be such a treat. We’re talking origin stories, alien worlds, hardcore fight scenes climaxing with the debut of a deadly new foe for Del to face down.
Anyway, while you’re waiting for that, check out the segment, and if you haven’t snagged a copy of issue 1 yet, you can grab one here. Once the print editions sell out, I don’t know if I’ll be doing another run for a while, so hurry and grab one before they’re all gone!
Alright, I’m out. Wrestling with websites is exhausting and Gravity Falls isn’t gonna watch itself. Peace!
This is the official website for my self-published comic, Dangerine! Spent a good few hours putting this together (between breaks to watch the Olympic Tae Kwon Do, and I’m pretty pleased with it!
There’s still some things I need to fix, but as of now this is your one-stop source for all you need to know about the heroic journey of Del and Bob in their mission to recover the cosmically powerful Alchemitts from the malevolent Professor Ezekiel Boom! Hold on to your squirrels, because things are about to go nuts.
Alright, pocket tour:
- Here on the homepage you’ll find the official Dangerine blog, where I’ll be keeping you guys posted on what’s happening with the latest issue, along with some tantalizing glimpses of pages in progress.
- On the ABOUT page, you can find a synopsis and miniature manifesto (minifesto?) of the series, and a little info about yours truly!
- Hovering your cursor over the CHARACTER BIOS page will give you a look at our dramatis personae, divided helpfully into heroes, villains and assorted freaky monsters. The page will be updated as more characters/freaky monsters make their debut, so keep checking back!
- The ONLINE SEGMENTS are gonna be where you can read FREE short comics set in the Dangerine World, fleshing out certain aspects of the story and characters, or maybe just featuring awesome fight scenes that I wanted to draw but couldn’t fit into the overall plot.
- If you’re checking out this page without having read the comic and you like what you see, hitting BUY!! will take you to the Webstore where you can grab a copy in either print or digital formats. Eventually there’ll be other stuff to buy, too. If you have any suggestions for merch, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- I’ve got various fragments of digital turf scattered around the online frontier, hitting CONTACT will show you where you can find me on Twitter, Tumblr, Deviantart and so on. (WARNING: While Dangerine is ostensibly all-ages, I myself am a foul-mouthed degenerate, so I can’t guarantee things won’t be NSFW.)
- If you liked Dangerine and want to find some more of the great work coming out of the UK small-press comics scene (seriously, it’s better right now than it’s ever been), you can find some links to some other great titles under LINKS. You’re welcome.
I want to add a fanart gallery to the site too, but I’m gonna wait to put one up until I’ve actually got some submissions, because an empty fanart gallery would make me a sad man. If you’re an artist who’s read and enjoyed Dangerine or just want to take a crack at his deceptively-difficult-to-draw head, send your art to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right, that’s about it! Back soon with another update!